Tuesday, January 22, 2013

SO You Want to Sculpt a SIlicone Tongue?


So, I took a month off from blogging for the holidays.  Apologies to the loyal readers who have been checking in.  I have, however, been working.  I am trying to work my body down to being only 50% Christmas cookie.  As you can see above, I got a pretty sweet phone case for my iphone.  I sent one of my new pictures off to Uncommon.com.  The print is a little dark and a little undersaturated, but still very nice.
As far as the masks go, I've decided to go a different route with the tongue and I am going to cast it out of silicone.  So first, I must sculpt it!


Checking for size

Alabaster foam

Rough cut with a utility knife

Coat of clay

Laying plastic wrap down I can use my pore stippler without gouging the clay

I made this tool out of super sculpey.  I made rounded stamp with pock marks in it so when I press it into clay it leaves bumps rather than holes.

Stamp stamp stamp

Lookin good.

use my embossing gun to smooth the clay without burning it.  Best investment ever.  Bought it over 8 years ago.  It looks like a glittery purple dildo, but  it can blast our over 200 degrees in a matter of seconds.  Works really well on oil clay and for baking thin layers of Sculpey.

Next week: Molding the Tongue for silicone casting!

No comments:

Post a Comment