Monday, July 16, 2012

A Winning Smile

This week I got to work on the choppers for one of the heads.  I used a process similar to my past pieces, but rather than using Dental acrylic (Very stinky stuff & stinky = death).  So I took some translucent primo and mixed it with a variety of different sculpeys to get something akin to teeth and I did the same with the gums (while adding red felting for veins in the gums).  The primo was so old I was going to revitalize it only to discover I was out of vasiline.  Stranded, I went looking for petroleum products and found some lotion.  After a few trips through the pasta maker and it came out pretty nice (smelled nice too).
The Final result is looking pretty good.  I still need to put a few coats of clear down, but you get the idea.

 Mixing up colors

I spent a very long time smoothing out this head by hand to avoid the lumpiness of the last head.  Next week, he's ready for fleece!

No comments:

Post a Comment