Monday, July 30, 2012

Valued Experience?


I have to admit, this one is a bit daunting.  The seams are super long and are taking forever.  I will say, as you can see in the above picture, I'm getting much better at the initial laying of the fabric.

I have been thinking a lot about making art lately and I was curious what other people's thoughts are regarding the making of art and what I think of as valuable experiences:
1. Passive: Going to art shows, reading books, watching TV and other vicarious experiences
2. Interactive: Traveling, meeting people, talking to people, playing sports
3. Active: Making art, music, theater, and other forms of creativity

Which do you value most? Of course there is crossover between all of these ideas, but we all tend to do one more than the other.  It seems Interactive should be a no-brainer, but Passive/vicarious experiences help you to understand worlds and points of view that you could never experience.  Making art is a way of sharing your own thoughts and understandings with others, but is selfish and is often at the expense of the other two.  Not revolutionary thinking, just something that occurred to me the other day while I was being Interactive and all I could think of was all the books and movies I wanted to see and all the art I wanted to make.  I understand balance and moderation and so on, but I'm curious what other people value and why. . . . Enough talk.

Nice Smooth Layout 

Unfinished, but lookin good.

Maya was really jazzed when she found the first season of Wonder Woman at the discount store (I mean, she was actually singing her praises the whole time we were in the store and waiting in line).

No comments:

Post a Comment